Hysteroscopy: Procedure for uterus and cervix problem
Hysteroscopy is a simple procedure that examines and treats the problem of the uterus and cervix. It is a minimally invasive procedure performed under the expertise of the best gynaecologist in Ludhiana to check the specific concern. The hysteroscope is passed into the uterus through the vagina. The device contains a camera and small light to examine the specific concern. The test results determine the next steps to be taken.
Types of Hysteroscopy
Hysteroscopy is of 2 possible types:
The diagnostic hysteroscopy effectively detect the following concerns:
- To check the abnormal uterine bleeding
- To check the fertility problem
- Diagnose the reason behind repeated miscarriage
- Check the reason behind severe pelvic pain
- Diagnose problems like fibroids or polyps
So, if you have excess pelvic pain, you must consult the gynae to get the Best hysteroscopy treatment in Punjab. Through diagnosis, it’s easier to analyze what’s required next.
The operative hysteroscopy effectively to address the following concern:
- Removal of polyps or fibroids
- Intrauterine adhesions
- Remove intrauterine device placed into the uterus that acts as a birth control measure
- Perform a biopsy i.e. taking a small tissue sample
- To carry out sterilization method
Prepare yourself for the Hysteroscopy procedure
To get yourself hysteroscopy, there are a few important guidelines that you need to follow:
- Please make sure to follow all these necessary steps at least 1 week before the procedure
- Take a pregnancy test before hysteroscopy
- If you are pregnant, hysteroscopy is not possible. So, please make sure to use the right kind of contraception
- Do not smoke
- All those planning to get fibroid removal should take the necessary medication as prescribed
Hysteroscopy is an outpatient method. During the procedure, the doctor inserts the speculum into the vagina so it’s easier to put the hysteroscope in. The hysteroscope will be passed slowly through the cervix to reach the uterus.
For a better view of all the organs, the gynecologist puts CO2 into the uterus. Additionally, the hysteroscope end contains a camera that allows the gynecologist to perform the procedure with utmost ease. The entire procedure takes around 5 to 30 minutes. So, the time varies depending on, ‘Why is it performed?’.
The recovery time varies depending on the type of procedure. There’s the possibility to experience a few common symptoms like:
Although, on the whole, the procedure is safe, and the pain with the hysteroscope does not last for a long time. To ease yourself throughout the entire process, you need to consider everything.
If you want to know more, schedule an initial consultation at Gynae & Uro Clinic to take the next step. Please be mindful to ask the gynecologist about everything i.e., the necessary concern you have. No matter what, always make an informed choice.